Truly Custom Penny Farthings
Choose your perfect Penny Farthing, every part handmade:
At Richards of England all components are handmade in house to create truly unique and traditionally styled bikes. Wheel rims are hand rolled to any size generally between a 52″ and 60″ wheel for most riders. The size is very important for both mounting and optimal leg extension.
[60 inch Penny Farthing]
An example of the specification:
– Hand turned and Drilled period brass hubs
– Hand Milled Slotted Cranks
– Oak Pedals
– Richards of England period replica leather saddle made from the highest quality Veg Tan leather (Tension fully adjustable for comfort)
– Spoon brake handmade and tuned for best performance (Just the right feel, not too much bite!)
– Hollow Steel Rims rolled to size, profile based on period road or racer profile
– Oak handles with various period handle bar configurations
These are not a one size fits all, these handmade to order.
Please contact us for advice on sizing and more information.